NeWest Press is looking for a new Bookkeeper/Office Administrator to work at our Edmonton home office. Specs below:
Terms: part-time, continuing, 17.5 hours/week
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Salary: $25,000 per year
Deadline: March 22, 2017
Start Date: April 3, 2017 (earlier is possible)
NeWest Press is Edmonton’s oldest independent literary publisher, with a mandate to publish literary fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and drama by authors with connections to Western Canada. The Press is known for its high editorial and production values, and its books have won many international, national and regional awards. It is led by a volunteer Board of Directors that also functions as the publisher. More information can be found at www.newestpress.com.
The Bookkeeper/Office Administrator maintains NeWest Press’ day-to-day operations, including: financial management, book inventory and sales, communications, team supervision, and office systems.
• Perform financial duties related to NeWest Press, including settling all accounts payable and receivables (via paper, email, EFT and credit card), calculating/administering payroll, and producing financial reports and statements as required by General Manager. Duties are performed using QuickBooks online software.
• Perform bank reconciliations.
• Prepare government remittances, GST, T4s, T5s.
• Ensure royalties are paid out in a timely manner.
• Assist the General Manager in the preparation of budgets, grant applications, and reports.
Inventory and Sales
• Oversee book order fulfillment and returns.
• Track book sales accounts receivables and regularly prepare and send out statements to overdue accounts and handle collections.
• Ensure book stock levels are adequate at NeWest Press home office, and at our distributor, LitDistCo. Identify titles in need of reprints, and work with Marketing and Production Coordinator to get them delivered to warehouse.
• Represent the Press at events, and sell books at launches, conferences, etc.
Maintain the office and its contents, including:
• Administer NeWest’s Alberta Blue Cross benefits plan.
• Making sure office systems are functional, including manual and electronic records management systems, stationery, supplies, furniture and equipment.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks online tools is essential, as well as Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Word and Excel.
• Experience in bookkeeping and office administration are essential.
• Knowledge of Mac operating system.
• Some post-secondary training preferred.
• Related experience in editing, writing, or publishing. Knowledge of the nonprofit sector is an asset.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to work independently.
Candidates should send a résumé and letter of application by email to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.