The author of twelve books, including three novels, Dave Margoshes has had his work published in numerous magazines and anthologies throughout North America, including six times in the Best Canadian Stories volumes. Margoshes worked as a newspaper reporter in the US and Canada, and has taught journalism and creative writing. His writing has won a number of awards, including the City of Regina Writing Award, the John V. Hicks Award for Fiction and the Stephen Leacock Prize for Poetry. His latest title, Bix's Trumpet and other stories, recently won the 2007 Book of the Year and the City of Regina Award at the Saskatchewan Book Awards. It has also been shortlisted for the 2008 ReLit Award for Best Short Fiction. Margoshes lives in Regina. His previous NeWest titles were I'm Frankie Sterne (2000) and Drowning Man (2003).
- Bix's Trumpet and other stories. Edmonton: NeWest Press, 2007.
- Drowning Man. Edmonton: NeWest Press, 2003.
- I’m Frankie Sterne. Edmonton: NeWest Press, 2002.
- We Who Seek: A Love Story. Windsor, Ontario: Black Moss Press, 1999.
- Fables of Creation. Windsor, Ontario: Black Moss Press, 1998.
- Long Distance Calls. Regina: Coteau Books, 1996
- Small Regrets. Saskatoon: Thistledown Press, 1986
- Purity of Absence. Vancouver, British Columbia: Beach Holme Publishing, 2001.
- Northwest Passage. Ottawa: Oberon Press, 1990.
- Walking at Brighton. Saskatoon: Thistledown Press, 1988.
- The Horse Knows the Way. Ottawa: Buschek Books, 2009.
- Tommy Douglas: Building the New Society. Montréal: XYZ Publishing, 1999.
- Discover Canada: Saskatchewan. Jefferson City, MO: Grolier Ltd., 1992, 1996; French Ed. 1998.